- 82 percent of pawn shop visitors have a high school diploma.
- The average customer has an income of $29,000 and is 36.
- Consumers’ average pawn loan increased from $80 in 2008 to $150 in 2011.
- 85 percent of those who take out the loans still pay them back.
- 20 percent of pawnshop customers are unemployed.
- 33 percent of customers own their own home—77 percent rent.
- Consumers can visit more than 10,000 different pawnshops across the nation.
- Since the recession started in 2008, cash-for-gold transactions shot up 35 percent.
- Pawnbrokers have reported more visits by small business owners trying to make their payroll.
- Almost 80 percent of pawnshop customers are taking out a pawn shop loan more than two times a year.
The Importance of Being Honest In A Pawn Shop
When it comes to pawning items at a pawn shop, honesty is the best policy. Whether you’re looking for a loan or selling items for