- 82 percent of pawn shop visitors have a high school diploma.
- The average customer has an income of $29,000 and is 36.
- Consumers’ average pawn loan increased from $80 in 2008 to $150 in 2011.
- 85 percent of those who take out the loans still pay them back.
- 20 percent of pawnshop customers are unemployed.
- 33 percent of customers own their own home—77 percent rent.
- Consumers can visit more than 10,000 different pawnshops across the nation.
- Since the recession started in 2008, cash-for-gold transactions shot up 35 percent.
- Pawnbrokers have reported more visits by small business owners trying to make their payroll.
- Almost 80 percent of pawnshop customers are taking out a pawn shop loan more than two times a year.
Read More »
Introduction: The Best Pawn Shop in Jamaica, Queens Pawn shops have long been a staple in communities, offering a unique shopping experience and a chance